Qualification Code: CPP40307
Qualification Title: Certificate IV in Property Services (Real Estate)
Delivery Duration: 36 weeks
Delivery Mode: Classroom Based Face-to-Face
Total Number of Units: 24
Number of Core Units: 5
Number of Elective Units: 19
Consistent with the qualification packaging rules, the units listed below will be delivered for the Certificate IV in Property Services (Real Estate) qualification by Corebuild College. The unit of competencies will be delivered in cluster as specified below. The code and title of each unit is provided as well as an indication of Core (C), Elective (E):
|C||CPPDSM4007A||Identify legal and ethical requirements of property management to complete agency work|
|C||CPPDSM4008A||Identify legal and ethical requirements of property sales to complete agency work|
|C||CPPDSM4080A||Work in the real estate industry|
|E||CPPDSM4011A||List property for lease|
|E||CPPDSM4012A||List property for sale|
|E||CPPDSM4013A||Market property for lease|
|E||CPPDSM4014A||Market property for sale|
|E||CPPDSM4016A||Monitor and manage lease or tenancy agreement|
|E||CPPDSM4049||Implement maintenance plan for managed properties|
|E||CPPDSM4001A||Act as a buyer’s agent|
|E||CPPDSM4022A||Sell and finalise the sale of property by private treaty|
|E||CPPDSM4018A||Prepare and present property reports|
|E||CPPDSM4005A||Establish and build client-agency relationships|
|C||CPPDSM4009||Interpret legislation to complete agency work|
|C||CPPDSM4015B||Minimise agency and consumer risk|
|E||CPPDSM4056A||Manage conflicts and disputes in the property industry|
|E||CPPDSM4019A||Prepare for auction and complete sale|
|E||BSBRKG304||Maintain business records|
|E||BSBSMB406||Manage small business finances|
|E||CPPDSM4006A||Establish and manage agency trust accounts|
|E||CPPDSM4020||Present at tribunals|
Corebuild College targets individual students as per their needs and expected outcomes. The target students are those who are interested in the real estate industry and are looking to either be employed in the sector or start their own real estate business. Corebuild College also targets property service provider roles and those who are current working in the industry and willing to enhance their career to develop knowledge, practical skills and experience in the property services industry across a range of different roles. These individuals will take responsibility for property services organisations while developing their own skills and knowledge in leading and managing people, legal and ethical requirements of property management, interpreting legislation to complete agency work as well establish and manage agency trust accounts. Corebuild College’s target clients are domestic students.
Environment and Facilities:
Delivery will consist of 20 hours classroom based face-to-face delivery on campus and mentoring students, per week. Our classrooms are comfortable with sufficient space to help inspire learning. All rooms are equipped with a computer for the trainer, projector, tables and comfortable chairs for students. Corebuild College provides computer labs for students to do their assignment research and gain knowledge, where students can also print out their assignments. Corebuild College also provides library facilities to our current students.
The delivery will occur over 3 terms, each term comprising of 11 weeks. The timetable will be scheduled over a two- and half-day period (2 days of 8 hours each and 1 day of 4 hours) between Mondays to Sunday. For more details, please refer to the actual timetable.
Corebuild College recruit trainers with VET sector knowledge and vocational experience for training and delivery. Our special mentoring program helps students to develop their industry-related, hands-on experience during their study journey at Corebuild College.
CPP40307 Certificate IV in Property Services (Real Estate) course will be delivered over 36 weeks period comprising of 3 terms. Each term will be of 11 weeks.
Delivery will occur over a 33-week period with 20 hours contact time (classroom-based face to face delivery) per week. To allow for school holidays and breaks this will occur over a period of 36 weeks depending upon the intake date.
- Student contact hours = 20 hrs per week x by 33 weeks = 660 hours
- Self-study access to facilities to complete assignment and project work = 10 hrs per week x 33 weeks = 330 hours
- Breaks/public holidays = 3 Weeks
Face-to-Face Classroom based Delivery:
Delivery will be face to face – 20 hours per week over 36 weeks including term breaks (3 Weeks). Corebuild College trainers use interactive delivery methods in a classroom environment. Corebuild College ensures all trainers are dynamic and engaging in order to motivate students. Corebuild College encourages trainers to use some of the following delivery methods:
- Student oral presentations, including conducting live simulated auctions,
- Working in pairs, small groups and whole class activities,
- Simulated client/agent situations and role play activities,
- Knowledge games and challenge activities,
- Working with genuine industry documents such as sale and leasing authorities and contracts of lease or sale,
- Internet and real-life research such as visiting agencies, collecting information and devising their own marketing and promotional materials.
Corebuild College ensures that the learning environment is safe, accessible and meets the students’ needs.
This qualification authorises the learner, after receiving permission from the BLA, to establish and run his/her own licensed real estate agency in Victoria. Similarly, the student can also obtain the authentication of their qualification from other state licencing authorities to run their licenced real estate agency in respective states. If students wish to extend their real estate knowledge and expertise they may continue their studies by completing the Diploma of Property Services (Agency Management) (CPP50307). The Diploma is a mandatory qualification required to own and manage a licensed real estate agency in New South Wales, Queensland, South Australia and Western Australia.
The following employment pathways are available to learners who complete Certificate IV in Property Services (Real Estate) successfully:
- Agent’s Representative
- Licensed Real Estate Agent
Specific Course Entry Requirement:
No specific entry requirement for CPP40307 – Certificate IV in Property Services (Real Estate)
There are no pre-requisites for any of the units of competency contained within it. This course is available to all international students and Corebuild College requires that students are able to provide evidence that they:
- Have successfully completed Australian year 12 or equivalent
- Are at least at age of 18 on the date of course commencement
- Must have access to a suitable workplace and/or workplace documents to complete their assessments/tasks (wherever applicable).
- Have a suitable level of language, literacy and numeracy to complete course requirements with or without additional support that Corebuild College is able to provide
- Please note: All the students commencing this course are required to complete an LLN test and a pre-training review prior to the commencement of the course. This is a mandatory requirement which also assist Corebuild College to identify student’s needs for additional support during their study.
Corebuild College ensures that the training delivered is to the standards of a real workplace environment. To meet this requirement Corebuild College has implemented a variety of assessment tools that will be implemented during the course of the qualification. These assessment tools assess various elements of a real/actual workplace however in a simulated training environment.
Corebuild College meets the need for a real-time workplace simulation environment by:
- Corebuild College's trainers/assessors represent the role of a real client (a played role as required in the assessment tasks) and portray the workplace demands while working on projects. This includes role-play of difficult & diverse type customers e.g. manager, supervisor, director, etc.
- Students prepare timelines, schedule milestones, communicate, conduct presentations, role-plays, prepare documentation, conduct training in accordance with the played role (trainer/assessor).
- Working as a team (group work/assignments), fulfilling responsibilities and expectations of the job and workplace in a simulated environment (as a real job/workplace).
Please contact Corebuild College at +61 433 813 028 for further details and ongoing specials (if applicable) on pricing.